Friends, You will be surprised to know that NSDL has now arranged to provide Form 16A on a request through login at TAN Account. In case you have registered your TAN at tin-nsdl.com, a request for Form 16A can be done (Link shown in below picture) for the Financial Year 2010-11 and onwards. Picture view after login is also given as under :-
- Fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Updated details (as per latest TDS statement) of any one statement filed for the financial year and quarter should be provided for verification.
- Verification details provided i.e. challan and deductee details (Question 1 and 2) should be of the same period (i.e. Financial Year and Quarter) for which Form 16A is requested. Example, if Form 16A is requested for Financial Year 2010-11, Quarter 1 then the details of TDS statement filed (Form 26Q or 27Q) for that period should be provided.
- Verification details provided i.e. challan and deductee details (Question 1 and 2) should be of the same statement. Example, if Form 26Q and 27Q both are filed for which Form 16A is required, then verification details of any one statement should be provided.
- For deductee details provide distinct combination of PAN of deductee and deducted amount.
- Valid PAN of deductee (PAN present in ITD PAN master) should be provided for verification else request will not be processed.
- Provide upto 3 deductee details.
- If distinct deductee detail record in the statement is less than 3 then provide available distinct combination of PAN of deductee and deducted amount.
After successful request, an email with attached ZIP File containing text files will be received by deductor. The following type of email will be received.