In this lesson we know about how to maintain Groups & how to integrate groups in multiple Companies
Copying masters from one company to another
Master information is the same for most group companies and it is certainly beneficial to maintain same group structure and ledgers. This becomes necessary if you have a parent company with subsidiaries or branches. This ensures uniformity of reports in all companies and proper consolidation of accounts. To avoid the tedious process of re-creating masters in other companies, Tally.ERP 9 enables you to copy the groups created in one company to another in alteration mode.
Copying a single group from one company to another:
To copy the masters from one company to another, you need to select both the companies i.e., Source Company (from where the Master has to be copied) and Destination Company (To the company in which we have to copy the Master) in Gateway of Tally to switch between companies.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Select Company ABC Company
Go to Gateway of Tally > Select Company XYZ Company
The source company should be listed first in the Gateway of Tally (ABC Company)
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Groups > Single Group > Alter
1. Select a particular group, for example select Southern Debtors created under Sundry Debtors.
2. Select F3: Company Button: to switch over to the destination company (XYZ Company
3. Accept the screen, after making alterations, if any.
If the parent of the group does not exist, you will not be able to accept the screen without selecting a parent in the destination company.
Once you accept the screen, you are taken back to the source company list of groups. The same group now exists in the destination company.
Copying multiple groups from one company to another
1. Select ABC Company and XYZ Company from the Gateway of Tally. The source company should be listed first in Gateway of Tally (ABC Company)
2. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info > Groups > Multiple Groups > Alter > Select a particular Group or All Items from the list
3. Click on F3: Company button or press F3 key to switch over to the destination company
4. Accept the screen, after making additions/alterations, if any.
5. Once you accept the screen, you are taken back to the source company List of Groups. The same group now exists in the destination company. The above method of copying masters is possible only if the books of accounts are maintained on the same computer.
The above methods can be also used for copying other masters like ledgers, cost categories and cost centers.