Form ADT-1 is required to be filed for auditors appointed under Section 139(1) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 4(2) of the Companies (Audit and auditors) rules 2014. This form is to be filed as a notice to registrar about appointment or re-appointment of Auditors.
Before preparing yourself for filing ADT-1, we suggest you to have scanned copies of following Documents, which is mandatory attachment into the form:
1. Consent letter given by the Auditor – Your auditor must have sent you this before board meeting.
2. Certified copy of AGM notice regarding auditor’s appointment on Company letter head.
3. Appointment letter of Auditor – Letter that company has sent to auditors towards their appointment.
In addition to that you also required following information from your auditor;
1. Category of Auditor appoint
2. PAN No. of Auditor or Audit Firm
3. Membership no. of the Auditor
4. Registration no. of auditor firm
5. Complete address of Auditor
Before filing ADT-1, you need to check the Status of Company. If the company is inactive status then Form ADT-1 cannot be filed.