How to File Form 15G / Form 15H Online?
Income Tax provide java utility to file Form 15G/H online. Form 15G is for Assessee’s are for normal assessee’s and Form 15H for Senior Citizen Assessees.
Unique Identification No. UIN Number is very importatnt in this utitlity and the same will be uploaded while submitting TDS return for the quarter concerned.
“Unique Identification No” field should be a valid UIN format. Format of UIN as follows:
For Form 15G: G000000001201516ABCD12345E
For Form 15H: H000000001201516ABCD12345E
Instructions to e-File
“Statement of Form 15G/15H”
- Download FORM 15G/15H utility from Downloads page
- Forms (Other than ITR) FORM 15G/FORM 15H (Consolidated) and prepare the xml zip file.
- DSC is Mandatory to file FORM 15G/15H.
- Generate signature for the zip file using DSC Management Utility (available under Downloads)
- Login through TAN, Go to e-File -> Upload Form 15G/15H.
- Upload the “Zip” file along with the signature file.
List of validations
- Schema validations – uploaded xml should comply with the published schema
- Other Business Validations
- Only one original will be accepted for combination of TAN, Financial Year, Form and quarter.
- TAN, Filing Type, Quarter and Financial Year entered in XML should match with the TAN, Quarter, Financial Year and Filing Type in upload screen.
- UIN should be unique for the TAN and financial year
- Financial year and TAN in the UIN should match with the TAN and Financial Year for which the statement is being uploaded.