Auditor Appointment – Eligibility Letter u/s 139(1) of the Companies Act, 2013 in case of Appointment for Existing Client
To The Board of Directors
[Name of the Company]
We thank you for your letter dated ____, regarding the proposed appointment of our firm as statutory auditors of ____________ (“the Company”) at the ensuing annual general meeting of the Company for holding such office from the conclusion of the said meeting until the conclusion of the ______ annual general meeting with respect to the financial years beginning April 1, 2016 and ending March 31, 2017
We consent to being appointed as auditors of the Company.
As requested by you, and in accordance with the requirements of Section 139(1) of the Companies Act 2013 (“the Act”) read with Rule 4 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014, we certify that:
(1) We are eligible for appointment as auditors of the Company under Section 139 of the Companies Act, 2013 (“the Act”)and meet the criteria for appointment specified in Section141of the Act.
(2) We are not disqualified from being appointed as auditors under the Act or the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the rules or regulations made thereunder.
(3) The proposed appointment will be as per the term provided in the Act.
(4) If appointed, such appointment will be within the limits laid down by or under the authority of the Act.
(5) There are no pending proceedings against the firm or any partner of the firm with respect to professional matters of conduct under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the rules and regulations made thereunder.
The list of pending proceedings against the firm or any partner of the firm with respect to professional matters of conduct under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the rules and regulations made thereunder.
We also confirm that the Firm has been subjected to the peer review process of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and holds a valid certificate issued by the Peer Review Board of the ICAI – Copy enclosed.
Further, we would like to draw your attention to the announcement issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in terms of which the registration number of the firm as provided by the ICAI is required to be indicated in the resolution for appointment of auditors under the Act. Accordingly, you are requested to ensure that the registration number is indicated in the resolution for our appointment at the Annual General Meeting. For your information, our Firm Registration Number is ________.