FAQs on Online Correction of TDS Return

Can BIN details be corrected through
online correction?
Yes, BIN details in the statement can be corrected
through “Challan Correction” option under ‘Unmatched Challan’ header. Refer
e-tutorial Online
Correction – Challan Correction
more details.

What is the procedure to make online
correction in case of short payment default?
Deposit the Short Payment default through challan no
281 by ticking minor head 400.
Deductor can receive short payment in following cases
and follow the given procedure for online correction:
§  Short payment due to insufficient balance- Deductor
needs to check that how much amount has consumed against the deductee row, then
move the deductee rows to the challan with sufficient available balance through
“Resolution of Overbooked Challan (Movement of Deductee Row)” option (refer
E-tutorial for detail).
§  Short payment due to mismatch in challan- Deductor can
correct the mismatch challan through “Challan Correction” option under
“Unmatched challan” header (refer E-tutorial for detail).
While filling online correction I quoted
interest amount in both columns, when trying to click on proceed to interest I
am getting an error ‘Total Tax Deposited’ is less than ‘Available Balance of
the Challan’. What should I do?
Please check the available balance of the same challan
under challan status.
Can I make correction on the basis of
Default Summary available on TRACES?
Yes, you can make online correction on the basis of
default summary however, it is advised to download updated Justification Report
from TRACES. Justification Report provides detailed information about the
defaults / errors that needs to be rectified by filing correction statement and
payment of the necessary default / interest / fees / other.
After making online correction, after how
much time system will take to process the changes?
Changes will be processed within 24 hours.
How to track Correction Request?
After login to TRACES as a deductor, select ‘Track
Correction Request’ from Default under main menu. Refer E-tutorials for more
What if deductor does not have data to be
entered in KYC for making Online Correction?
Please contact Jurisdictional Assessing Officer and
raise your concern.
Is there any limit to add / modify
deductee row for making online correction?
No, there is no limit to add / modify deductee row
provided that sufficient balance is available in tagged challan.
Can deductor apply for Online Correction
prior to Financial Year 2012-13?
Yes, deductor can file online correction from
Financial Year 2007-08 onwards, however deductor has to ensure that the latest
correction for the relevant statement should be processed through TDSCPC.
Is it possible to move deductee row from
one challan to another challan for the same quarter?
Yes, deductor can move deductee row from one matched
challan to another for the same quarter, however it will be possible only if
there is available balance in the challan. For more information refer
E-tutorial Resolution of Overbooked Challan (Movement of Deductee Row).
If online correction is rejected by
TRACES. What should deductor do?
Check the rejection reason and submit the fresh
correction request.
If I dont Capture Token number, from where
will it be available?
After making online correction, it is advisable to
note down the token number. However, if by any chance you forgot to note down,
download the conso file and get the token number.
I have nil challan in my statement, which
is in an unmatched status, therefore I am not able to download conso file. What
should I do?
Tag the challan with available balance to the nil
challan. Once it is processed, then you will be able to download conso file.

RECOMMENDED READ  Tally.ERP9 Single User Giveaway

Share this post